Breaking News

Elina Svitolina: 'Serena and Venus Williams are a big inspiration for me'

In an interview to the CNN the world No. 4 Elina Svitolina commented on what Serena and Venus Williams mean to her. Svitolina defeated Serena in the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games. 'Definitely the Williams sisters are a big inspiration for me', said Svitolina. 'They are role models. They are ambassadors for our sport, it's amazing to see how they do, how they prepare, how they compete. You know, they play very strong. It's amazing, I am very happy to be part of tennis in this particular time and be playing against them. It's definitely very special. For me when I was growing up, Andre Agassi was one of my idols. And I was just very happy that I met him last year when he was coaching Novak Djokovic.'

Commenting on her WTA Finals title that she earned by beating Sloane Stephens in a three-set final in October, Svitolina added: 'It definitely was an amazing victory for me. I was playing great tennis that week. It was something amazing that I could achieve. And after going back to Ukraine and sharing this moment with all the fans, the people and the kids. And it was just a very special moment for me. It gave me a lot of confidence.'

Commenting on her goals for the next season that she will start in Brisbane, Svitolina concluded: 'Grand Slam is always a lifetime goal for me. But there is a lot of small goals that I want to achieve in 2019. Every tournament that I play now are big and I want to win as many titles as I can.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RmeGMH

No comments