Breaking News

Novak Djokovic praises FC Red Star for having success despite small budget

In an interview to Telegraf, the world No. 1 Novak Djokovic commented on the football club Red Star' success. The Serbian team, that is based in Belgrade, qualified for the Champions League group stages this year and Djokovic attended their match against Paris Saint-Germain in early December at the Stadium.

The 14-time Major winner enjoyed his experience and he will keep supporting the team even more in the future: 'Red Star made an incredible success and I congratulate on it. I have been a Red Star fan for my entire life, and I had the opportunity to attend the Champions League match with Paris Saint-Germain. The atmosphere was incredible, something that I never experienced before. Perhaps I have, but I was 4 years old at the time, so I don't remember those games when my father took me. And is it a coincidence that both Red Star and I achieved such great successes in the same year? I don't think so. Simply put, there are no coincidences, everything happens for some reason. I am very glad that it all happened like that. I am following other sports as well, especially the clubs that I and my brothers support the entire life. I am especially proud of the fact that they accomplished such success with such a small budget. Today, unfortunately, the success in football and other sports is often predetermined with the fact who has a bigger budget and who can afford a better player - and that creates a small circle of strongest teams. But, Red Star has shown that, even with such a small budget, but with a great heart and organization, they can achieve significant success in football', concluded Djokovic, who is competing at the Qatar Exxon Mobil Open in Doha next.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QW21Aw

No comments