Breaking News

Novak Djokovic reflects on tough times: 'I was in quite a dark place'

In an interview to Shortlist, Novak Djokovic commented on the tough times he went through in the last 12 months. This year in February the Serb underwent an elbow surgery and since June he won two Grand Slams, Wimbledon and US Open. 'I was in quite a dark place', Djokovic admitted. 'I lost in two tournaments in the first round, and, mentally, I was questioning whether I wanted to play tennis. It feels like the walls are closing in on you and you feel suffocated.'

Djokovic also reflected on his walk in the French mountains after his French Open quarter-final loss to Marco Cecchinato. 'I felt like I had to get back to nature to reconnect. I went on holiday with my family and, one day, while I was having a snooze on the beach, I suddenly felt a new wave of energy coming in and I reset. It really was as simple as that.'

Speaking to Globo Esporte Djokovic recalled his 2016 Olympic Games experience in Rio de Janeiro: 'I had never had a lot of injuries in my career. But on the second training day, I hit and in the middle of the training session I started feeling something strange with my hand. So I continued, but the pain started to increase. And then I underswasd I wss injured. I had two days to recover my game. I felt at home (in Brazil).'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EWXMxC

No comments