Breaking News

Rafael Nadal's new serve motion is interesting, says Kevin Anderson

Kevin Anderson defeated Rafael Nadal in three sets, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4, to reach the Mubadala World Tennis Championship final in Abu Dhabi. The South African player said: 'It was tough but it was great to see Rafa back on the court. It was a tough match against him as he is true champion of the sport. It was nice to get out here and get a win and put myself in the finals tomorrow.'

Commenting on Nadal's new service motion, Anderson added: 'I saw that pretty much straightaway in the warm-ups. The take back looks a little bit different. I’ve seen him playing a lot throughout the years and he’s sort of changed that motion a few times. Even his groundies look different now than they did 13 or 14 years ago when he first came out. He’s had a bit of time off, away, so sometimes you make a few adjustments. It’ll be interesting to see how that might help his serve throughout this coming season.'

Nadal said: 'I’m happy to be back on court here. I have great memories out here and of years playing great matches. Honestly this is a perfect way to start the season. Feels great to back on court and I need to take step by step after the surgery and that takes a bit of time. I have to take care of my body and my recovery but it’s a positive start. I thank the crowd here for all their support and to the fans all around the world.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EWV6jy

No comments