Breaking News

Novak Djokovic voted as the European Sportsman of the Year

Novak Djokovic has been voted as the European Sportsman of the Year by the Polish Press Agency (PAP) that featured agencies and journalists voting. Djokovic collected 145 points finishing first, followed by the Ballon d'Or football champion Luka Modric (132 points) and Lewis Hamilton who ended third with 114 points. Simona Halep, who ended the year as world No. 1 on the women's side, also finished in the top 10. Djokovic had already got this award in 2011 and 2015.

Djokovic has come back from some tough times. His "crisis" started in mid-2016 when after winning the French Open and so achieving the Career Grand Slam, he hurt his elbow. In a chat to Globo Esporte he recalled his Olympic Games run in Rio de Janeiro where he lost to Juan Martin del Potro in the opening round match: 'In that moment I was playing with an incredible support, an unbelievable environment, one of the best I had in my life, and when I took my bag and I was walking towards the stadium exit, while I was putting my racket in the bag, i started crying because I understood what was happening, you know? And it was much for me... The love I received much the people, and I stayed for two, three more days in Brazil, which is my home.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LEGw1n

No comments