Breaking News

Peng Shui: My Coach is like a grandmaster who is so wise and experience

Coming off a three-month suspension, Peng Shui is gunning to perform at the Australian Open and by her side is her coach Carlos Rodriguez.

Though the ban could have possibly ended her career, she gives credit to her coach for sticking by her. "He is like a grandmaster who is so wise and experienced to handle all situations in the game, even after I approached him for help," said Peng.

"I was expecting a cold shoulder from him due to the ban and all the controversy, but he embraced me with open arms. I trust him not just because of his previous experience with high-ranking players, but because of his effort and commitment to help a player improve, no matter the situation."

Rodriguez too had something to say about the same, “It's interesting to help somebody overcome such a challenge ... not necessarily to win but at least help her be healthy and happy on the court. That's what it's all about," said Rodriguez.

He further added, "I have to understand the person behind the player. You see how committed she is and how hard she tries. You like to be part of that. Although I cannot travel with her, at least I can help her enjoy tennis again."

Speaking about Peng’s comeback, Rodriguez said, "The three months off could be a good thing for her. The most important thing is to accept what happened and never look back. I have to help her look forward, and that's been challenging for her."

ALSO READ

'Novak Djokovic can overtake Roger Federer's 20 Majors', Italian journalist

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2zM8x2c

No comments