Breaking News

Rafa Nadal Foundation to keep benefiting from Dutch Postcode Lottery funds

The Rafa Nadal Foundation and the Dutch Postcode Lottery announced for 2019 a renewal of their working agreement, co-operating together until 2021. From the beginning of the Rafa Nadal Foundation, the Dutch company has been one of the major partners of the organization, with a €500,000 found that will be sent to the Nadal's charity organization in order to enhance sports and education projects involving kids and younger people, in Spain and India. This month, like the past years, an event in Amsterdam will be held and €357 million will be given to more than one hundred charity activities, including the Rafa Nadal Foundation. 'I am impressed with the strong social commitment that the Postcode Lottery has. I thank for all the support that they give me, both to my Foundation and many other organizations and social cause.

Maria Francisca Perelló, the Director of Strategy and Relation of the Rafa Nadal Foundation, said: 'Counting on the support of the Postcode Lottery is the key for us to develop our work. For us, this union is important not only on an economic level but for the fact that we consider the Postcode Lottery as a mentor.'

Meanwhile, the world No. 172 Filippo Baldi, who had Nadal as a childhood idol, confirmed that in Challengers people often approach tennis players to ask them to fix matches in exchange of money. Baldi was offered money, but he immediately rejected it telling the fact to the Tennis Integrity Unit. 'It happened to me sometimes. I always reported it, I do not want to aim at anything and I do not want to speak about anything. This is very intimate. As for doping, I am genuine and I want to keep working', Baldi told Tennis World USA.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2EbPTUK

No comments