Breaking News

Roger Federer is the most artistic player, says Next Gen star

In an interview to Tennis Italiano, the Next Gen star Corentin Moutet commented on his game-style: 'For me, it's not about hitting a great shot, I do not play to win the most beautiful point. I love making a show but not to please the crowd, but I like to create a relationship with those who watch me when I do what I do on a court; then sometimes I will get applauded, other times booed, it's okay. It's important to have the mentality to find the win and not waiting that the opponent gives it to you. Playing at your best during a match is tough, and you just have a few days where you are totally free and you hit like if you were in a training session. But you have to get the best out of what you have in that moment. After all, the goal is to win: but if I only thinking about winning, it does not work for me. I have to think about what I do and how I do.'

Speaking about his character, Moutet added: 'If I lose I am so angry, but when I leave the court I ask myself if I am proud of me, if I respected myself and the match, if I did the right things, because you can even make all the right choices and then lose.'

Completing his modul for the ATP file, he indicated Rafael Nadal as his idol, and not Roger Federer, and the French Open title as his dream. Now his thoughts are a little bit different. 'Seeing them closely, I do not manage to have preferences. Roger is the most artistic player on the ATP Tour. Paris is my dream but not for the cup, who cares about it, I think about the feeling you can get when you win your Grand Slam final championship point.'

Commenting on his relationship with his parents, Moutet added: 'We do not speak with each other all days, it's not necessary. It's nice that the family protects you, but you can make it even without being consistently together. I know that my nine-year-old brother follows me and I know that for him I am an example, beyond tennis, and I like it. I bought home alone in Boulogne, near the National Center, because I am looking for calm: it happens that I am in Paris and I hang out at night with friends, but I like to know that I can be alone in a place. I have a piano, I started playing it a few years ago because I always loved music. Since when I was 13 years old I was more on the road than at home: I am used to living far away and being independent.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2BHgQfO

No comments