Breaking News

Karen Khachanov: 'I can take something from my win over Novak Djokovic'

In an interview ahead of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi Karen Khachanov explained how his straight-set win over Novak Djokovic at the Paris Masters championship clash can help him to have his confidence get higher in 2019. 'I definitely can take something from that win against Djokovic as it brought me to No 11 in the World', said Khachanov. 'But again, it is a new season and you start from zero. You have to again prove you are good,” said Khachanov adding, it was important to keep playing well and to focus on each game to move up the ladder and break into the top 10 this season. Even if you are seeded, you will still have tough matches as all the guys who are ranked above top 100 or lower are playing good. You have to be focused with each match and try to play well. Being a seeded player can help but it depends on my games as well. I will try to bring my game all together. You know at the end of the season you work a lot, worked hard and little bit more tired. Some aspects of the game need to be put together and then try to show good tennis so that I can head to Doha with a good feeling at the beginning of the year.'

Khachanov also praised the Abu Dhabi event: 'Great hotel, good weather, sun, that is the most important thing, right. I’m in a good mood. went well, a lot of hard work has been done. Not as long as in previous years, but that is a good sign because I had a great year last year and I finish a little later.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AkmXqx

No comments