Breaking News

Roger Federer is the unofficial Mayor of the US Open - Boris Becker

For Boris Becker, the US Open is very special in several ways. Speaking to Adevarul, the former German tennis player said: 'There are many moments I remember. The terror attacks on September 11 happened just two days after I saw the Sampras-Agassi final, so that edition was special to me. I love night matches at the US Open. It are amazing, and players often get to their best level, people love the environment and they can stay there until 2:00 AM. So we have to mention Bjorn Borg, who did not manage to win the tournament, but also what John McEnroe does on the court and with the microphone. Then there is Federer, whom I call the unofficial  mayor of the US Open, because the crowd support for him is amazing. Nadal is not too behind, and when they play it's amazing. It's special when you play at night in New York.'

Becker worked with Novak Djokovic for three years, but he does not plan to be back on the Tour as a coach again: 'I am happy enough now, working with Eurosport and as the head of German tennis. Somehow, I am still a coach, but I focus on more players and not daily or weekly. I cannot say that I will not be back as a coach on Tour, but I will not do it now.'

Becker worked with Djokovic for three seasons and helped him win six Grand Slams. When Becker was Djokovic's coach, the Serbian completed the Grand Slam, after winning the 2016 French Open against Andy Murray. 

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2EA4UQU

No comments