Breaking News

Serena Williams: Being Jehovah's Witness helps you to stay calm

For Serena Williams, faith is everything. The American player considers God as one of her priorities in life. 'As I'm trying to study and be a Jehovah's Witness, I think it's really important to believe in it,' said Serena. 'I feel like it's definitely kept me calm. Not necessarily on the court, but off the court I don't really ‑‑ you know, when you do so well when you're young and you have so many things and so many opportunities, you know, there is a lot of negative ‑‑there is a lot of positives and there is a lot of negatives that come with it. It really serves as a protection, I feel.'

Asked if she ever prayes when she is on the court, Serena replied: 'Yeah, all the time.'

Serena was also asked if her mindset changes when she competes against a top-five player: 'Absolutely. When you're playing anyone in the top-five or top-10, for me, I approach that match different because they know what that takes to win. Some of them have won Grand Slams so they know what it takes to go even further. You definitely can't underestimate those players, because they're ranked at that level for a reason.'

Trying the best every day is the deal for Serena: 'I'm a renowned perfectionist. I think I wrote the book on being perfect. I think it definitely helps me in a way. Also, it definitely holds me back at some moments. It's just important for me to let part that helps me kind of fill up and then the part that holds me back, just to let that go.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2S0iSia

No comments