Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'I am a real person, and everyone can see that'

Serena Williams can get angry during tennis matches, and her US Open final loss to Naomi Osaka this year, during which she argued with the chair umpire Carlos Ramos, was the proof. Serena admitted she has a tough character: 'I definitely am not easy. For me, it's all about business and removing a lot of emotion and just seeing black and white. I just want to get to the point and I want to know the whys and the ins and outs and what can you do and what can't you do and reasons for that. I definitely think I'm a tough interviewer, but I also think I'm just a real person, and everyone can see that. Ultimately, someone that's really fun and super, super motivated to take my business to the next level', said Serena.

Serena also feels privileged for the unique life and career she has: 'I think I live a definitely different life than most 20-year-olds. You have some pop stars who are 20 who are living may be the same life I'm living. It's totally different. But I'm just as normal. None of it goes to my head. I have normal friends. I'm just as normal as anyone else, but I'm just not -- it's going to be impossible to be the same.'

Serena ended her season at this year's US Open final losing to Naomi Osaka in straight sets. She is currently in Florida preparing for the new season.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2G6o0zX

No comments