Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'I did not expect to have such a wonderful year'

In an interview ahead of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi the 23-time Major winner Serena Williams commented on how it feels to play for the second year in a row in the exhibition event, this time with her sister Venus. Last year she made her first appearance ever in the Emirates facing Jelena Ostapenko. 'It is great being able to do anything with Venus, especially coming her. We have done so much for women's sport, and sports period, so it is really great to continue our journey and bring it here to Abu Dhabi', said Serena.

In the last 15 months, she has become mother and wife: 'A lot has changed for me. I had a wonderful year, which I did not expect, and I am now back here and this is a good kick off to my year.'

Looking ahead to the Australian Open, Serena added: 'It is something I clearly want but I have to be able to get there; I am going to have to beat a lot of good tennis players to get there. Feeling good. It has been a couple of months of training now so I am getting ready for the new year.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ETCbHa

No comments