Breaking News

Toni Nadal opens up on Rafael's feelings for new season

Rafael Nadal's uncle, Toni Nadal, assured that the world No. 2 is ready to start his 2019 season. Nadal is competing at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship, then he will move to Brisbane prior to the Australian Open. 'Rafa trained for two hours and a half the other day and he is on a good way. He is with willing to do a good season', said Toni.

Commenting on his current activity at the academy as Head Director, Toni added: 'The truth is that I keep doing what satisfies me the most, which is training. I feel very grateful for what Iived with Rafa, but now I have a lot of excitement trying to coach the kids that come to my academy, bringing my acknowledge to help them.'

Commenting on his way to teach Nadal the tennis, Toni added: 'I never did strange things on a court. I was telling Rafa to hit every ball the best he could. You have to move well, be consistently exigent, keeping focus at 100 per cent. It needs a lot of effort. You have no methods that make you have success without effort. Now my job here is to say how I believe that things should be done. During all these seasons with Rafa I saw what he was doing well and what he needed to improve and from here I try to build paths to my alumni.'

'I have a romantic sense of the game, I like technique, the effort, knowing how to win despite having worse conditions than the rival. It's obvious that technology helps you but it also affects you. Technology avoids that you have to be careful seeing why things happen and in the end, you make less effort. You lost a key value that was the respect for other generations. Before, you started playing at six years and at 20 you were completely shaped, but now you start before and you do not get to that level until the 22, what I believe is that indicates that you learn better in the difficulty than in the easiness.'

On the new Davis Cup format, Toni concluded: 'I liked the Davis Cup the way it was before, the best memories I have are the Davis Cups we played in Madrid, Sevilla, Barcelona, but now it's something necessary because the calendar made top players' appearances impossible. Being it very difficult, it's good what Pique does, he tried making a change, an attractive nations competition and hopefully it goes very well.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EXS4v9

No comments