Breaking News

Alexander Zverev comments on his ankle issue ahead of Australian Open

In a conference call at the Australian Open Alexander Zverev commented on his physical condition. The 21-year-old German has been dealing with a hamstring injury for some days, but he feels confident that he can do well in Melbourne. 'The ankle is fine. It's just a little bit swollen', said Zverev. 'I didn't actually twist it. I just kind of went over it a little bit. You know, actually what happened was a bone pushed against another bone. There was, like, inflammation between those two bones. I'm fine. I'm going to play with the tape. It's just a little bit uncomfortable, but it's nothing that can get worse or anything like that. I'm actually quite relaxed about it.'

Asked what expectations he is putting on himself, Zverev replied: 'I don't put any on me actually, to be honest. I've never been past the third round, so we'll see how it goes. But I just want to enjoy being here. I just want to enjoy playing as much as I can. I just want to enjoy playing in the biggest stadiums, playing in the biggest matches. Once I learn how to really enjoy it and really find fun in what I do, I think everything else will take care of itself', concluded Zverev.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2D87FHt

No comments