Breaking News

Anderson: 'I had fantastic training sessions with Nadal, Djokovic,Wawrinka'

In a column for Super Sport TV the world No. 6 Kevin Anderson commented on his feelings ahead of the Australian Open. The South African player is coming off from the Mahasashtra Open title in Pune, India, defeating Ivo Karlovic in a three-set final.

Anderson, who always reached a Grand Slam final over the last two years - US Open 2017 losing to Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon 2018 losing to Novak Djokovic - wrote: 'Heading into the 2019 Australian Open, I am really optimistic about the opportunity that lies ahead for me. I had some fantastic training sessions in Melbourne last week which had me sparing off against the likes of Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka. I started my year off with a tournament in Abu Dhabi and then I went on to compete in the ATP 250 event in Pune India where I captured the title. It’s really nice coming into the Australian Open on the back of a win. In India, I felt I competed really well and it was a really good start to the year.

Players have a choice to play the week before a Major, and this year I decided not to. I played an exhibition match in Kooyong against Marin Cilic, which I felt was good preparation because it simulates match conditions that you otherwise wouldn’t obtain on a practice court, such as the presence of chair umpires, linespeople and so on. As far as things to look for at this year’s Australian Open, many of the players are remarking on the upgrades and renovations to the facility. Tennis Australia has invested in Melbourne Park in a big way, and it shows. Players are treated to a new multi-level player lounge and dining area, as well as expanded treatment facilities and brand new locker rooms. The Australian Open has set itself in a league of its own with regards to on-site amenities available to competitors."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SXaFvx

No comments