Breaking News

'I have no regrets' - Maria Sharapova happy for pursuing tennis career

Maria Sharapova chose a hard job and she started very early trying to become a professional tennis player. However, she would do the same choice again and again. 'In life I did what I wanted to. I have no regrets. My mind never disappointed me, sometimes the body gave up. But the motivation, winning was always there', Sharapova told Corriere della Sera during her pre-season in Los Angeles last month.

In some ways Sharapova may be focused more on building a future, as the Sugarpova brand CEO, rather than having great longevity in tennis, the journalist wrote. 'I like to keep my mind alive, having ideas', Sharapova explained. 'I learned to be an investor starting from scratch and one day it will be useful. Years ago, during an injury, I thought I would not play tennis forever. A brand and a foundation were my goals. The first one was achieved.'

Doesn't she believe that she may have won Wimbledon too early? Upsetting Serena Williams in a straight-set final may have taken some normality away from here. 'If now I complained about lifting a Wimbledon trophy too early, it would sound surreal to me... The truth is that it was a life lesson. On a physical and mental level, I remember an unbelievably nice feeling that repaid in an instance the sacrifices made by my family.'

Sharapova will start her Australian Open campaign against the qualifier Harriet Dart.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QMUpvj

No comments