Breaking News

Caroline Wozniacki reveals nightmare trip from Miami to Auckland

In a recent interview, Caroline Wozniacki explained the very long and complicated trip she had to reach Auckland. Her flight was postponed by one day as the flight from Miami to Houston was cancelled due to a tropical storm and so her travel started 24 hours later coming through San Francisco and not Houston. 'I stayed at the airport for a few hours, to try to figure out how to get here as quick as possible', explained Wozniacki. 'When they told me I had to wait until the next day, I got to go home for a bit, which was not bad. But obviously I wish I was here yesterday and already underway with my preparation, but you can't really help the storms or the weather.'

On how she feels to be back in Auckland, where she reached the 2018 final losing to Julia Goerges, Wozniacki added: 'I love coming back here. It gives me a great start to the season and I hope I can start off well here. I had a great season last year and I've been playing well in the last few years, so I feel good. The main thing is the body holds up and then hopefully I'll have a great year this year.'

Wozniacki is set to play Doha and Dubai in February, then Indian Wells and Miami. We will see if she will have a lighter schedule this year, which is likely to happen as she needs to recharge batteries and take breaks.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LHWnw3

No comments