Breaking News

Naomi Osaka: 'I looked back at Serena Williams' US Open controversy'

It's been almost four months since Naomi Osaka won her maiden Grand Slam title at the US Open defeating Serena Williams in a straight-set final. In Brisbane Osaka was asked if she recently looked back at the controversy involving Serena and the chair umpire Carlos Ramos. 'I've had to because you guys keep asking me about it. But definitely, it is something I will always remember (fondly) - but I am not constantly thinking about it', admitted Osaka.

The 2011 US Open winner Samantha Stosur praised the way Osaka has been dealing with expectations: 'To be honest I was really impressed with Naomi, how she won the US Open and then went into Asia and made the Tokyo final. I know when I won, I had my celebration and barely hit a ball for two weeks and then went to Tokyo and struggled. I just wasn't prepared, I was still living on this cloud. The expectation on me (in Australia) was really elevated in 2012 and maybe that was a time when it wasn't so easy to deal with. But if Naomi was able to back up in Tokyo I am sure this summer will be good for her too.'

Asked if she has expectations herself on own Brisbane run, Stosur replied: 'I am not feeling any of that. I have been through it enough times - I know I can handle myself. The only expectation I have is to do my best. And I am my own harshest critic.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SxukSI

No comments