Breaking News

Danielle Collins: I'm really excited for my success to be recognized

Reaching her maiden Grand Slam semi-final where she lost to Petra Kvitova, Danielle Collins recently spoke about being ready to take strides in her tennis career.

Though terming herself as an underdog prior to the tournament, she feels there is more to come now. “I think last year I did a really great job of showing people in Miami and Indian Wells, San Jose, plenty of tournaments throughout the year, Eastbourne, that I can play at this level,” she said.

“Maybe some people thought I was a one-hit wonder, it was a fluke. Clearly none of this has been a fluke. I think there is have been a lot of great things to build from and I think I had a really great learning experience throughout the entire tournament, and especially today.”

“So, yeah, I'm really excited for my success to be recognized, and to continue playing on the biggest stage and against the biggest and best opponents in the world,” she added.

Experience is everything for the American, who said she will be better prepared for things in times to come. “I learned that experience plays a big role in tennis, and Petra is an incredible champion,” she explained. “I think there is a lot to learn off of what she does on the court. I think she went out and played fearless tennis, so I think all credit to her.”

“And when I'm also not playing my best tennis, I think I do very well. So, yeah, I think there is a lot of great takeaways. I could probably write a whole book after this tournament!”

ALSO READ

'Roger Federer could have defeated Tsitsipas in straight sets' - Rosset

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UeXbvu

No comments