Breaking News

Pam Shriver comments on Serena Williams's weird match point

The former US Open finalist Pam Shriver, through her official Twitter account, also raised doubts on that foot fault: "You could not imagine or script how the last two majors have ended for Serena! How can the 1st-foot fault of the match be called on the 27th game on 1st match point? How can an ankle roll occur in next rally? Pliskova despite losing 9 of 11 games was ready to take a second chance."

Meanwhile, Conchita Martinez commented on Karolina Pliskova's win over Serena Williams: "I am very happy. Seeing your player doing things that you trained in the pre-season, and that fights until the last ball is a pride. I am very proud, she never stopped fighting and she was very smart. In the end, it paid off, winning this match and reaching the Australian Open semifinals.'

In a press conference, Pliskova said: 'Whatever is happening on the other side, I just try to block it. Either it's positive or negative, whatever is there, it's just not my business. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. I know once I'm starting to think about that, it's bad. That's what I did at that time. But I really, like, I was like, Yeah, maybe something little bit happened, but she's still on serve. Even if she loses this game, it's still 5-2. I didn't really think about it, that maybe there's going to be a chance at that game. But she did I think to double-fault. I really went for my shots. I didn't feel like she played something really bad that game. Maybe the double-fault was a big help. Otherwise, I don't think she did anything actually that bad. I thought she was a little bit missing more than she was the set and a half. But I was more aggressive. That's what was working in the first set, so that's just what I did.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DxHvhi

No comments