Breaking News

Father Richard influenced my game in pretty much everything -Venus Williams

In press conference at the Australian Open Venus Williams was asked what his father Richard Williams brought to her as a tennis player. Richard coached Venus and Serena in their childhood and teenage years. 'Not just one thing', said Venus. 'Pretty much everything. It would be pretty difficult to pick just one. I think the way my dad was thinking changed the game, so that's pretty huge. Thankfully we got to work with him, be a part of that.'

As a Williams family insider, Qai Qai the doll seems to be very popular on Instagram, Twitter, whatever. 'I'm really into the doll. I love Qai Qai', recognized Venus. 'I personally see Qai Qai firsthand and the struggles that she goes through (laughter).'

Asked if the court has been playing particularly quick this year, Venus replied: 'I think every court is playing a little bit different. I'm not exactly sure yet. But I think they're all playing probably a little bit different, which is pretty typical.'

Venus was finally asked an opinion on five set tie-breaks: 'I don't think I have a huge opinion on that. I think everyone's getting used to this new format here, so... I mean, we'll see how it goes.'

Venus lost to Simona Halep in the third round, she will play the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells next in March.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2R5kw0Q

No comments