Breaking News

Federer:'If I wanted a fairytale retirement, I would have retired vs Nadal'

In an interview to the CNN, the 20-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer opened up on how his retirement scenario will be. Andy Murray announced his upcoming retirement from tennis in tears due to a hip injury. Federer would like to avoid retiring in such a brutal way. "I hope it doesn't end with an injury", said Federer. "I'd like to go out on my terms. I don't have the fairytale ending in my head saying there has to be another title somewhere, and then I have to announce it big and say, that was it, by the way, guys. I don't have to have it that way. If I wanted it that way, I could've maybe said it after the (2017) Australian Open when I beat Rafa (Nadal) in that epic final. I don't know if it's ever going to get better than that, because that was it for me."

On what motivates him to keep playing tennis at 37 years of age, Federer added: "I see these most amazing ... get to meet crazy, cool people, amazing fans, the support I have around the world. I get to experience this life that is just really surreal. I don't know what it is, if it's the geometry of the flight of the ball, or what a drop shot can do with the spins, and being with my team and trying to still be better at 37. All these things are really exciting to me. It's a mixture of everything why I'm still playing tennis today."

ALSO READ: Roger Federer adds new tournament to February 2019 schedule!

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AKDKnb

No comments