Breaking News

Hitting with Rafael Nadal was one of my craziest feelings - Stefan Kozlov

Stefan Kozlov had the privilege to hit with Rafael Nadal in 2014 at Key Biscayne during the Miami Open. In that tournament Nadal was in a very good shape and he only lost to Novak Djokovic in the final. Miami is one of the three Masters 1000 where Nadal never triumphed. “It was one of the craziest feelings I ever had, to be honest", Kozlov said recalling his training with Nadal. "The first couple of minutes I was trying to move my feet as fast as I could and swing as hard as I could. And the balls were just slicing off my string because of the spin. I don’t know if everyone felt that before or it’s just me. The first five minutes there with Rafa were one of a kind. Then after that, the second day I hit with him, I actually had one of the best practices of my life. So I got used to his ball after one day.”

Kozlov also revealed something funny: "It took me like two hours to get into the stadium. I was waiting at the stadium entrance for two hours because they (security) didn’t know I was hitting with Rafa. I told them I was hitting with Rafa and they didn’t let me in. It was pretty crazy. Toni (Nadal) came down and helped me. Two hours we waited [smiles].”

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RLmd7S

No comments