Breaking News

I loved being pregnant, says Serena Williams

In an interview to Allure Magazine, Serena Williams spoke about her pregnancy. The former world no. 1 gave birth to her daughter Olympia in September 2017 “I loved being pregnant," confessed Serena. "I loved everything about it. I was one of those weird people that loved being pregnant. Those annoying people.”

Serena will soon start her bid to her 24th Grand Slam title at the Australian Open. “I’m feeling pretty good about my body," she assured. "I worked hard at it in the past eight months to get back from the baby. It hasn’t been easy. I’m not 21 anymore. But I did it slow and steady. After I came out [of the hospital], I had a stomach, but I thought, This is kind of cool. I have a stomach because the baby was there.”

Serena also reflected on what being beautiful means. She said, “When I tell her (Olympia) she’s beautiful, I want to teach her that she’s beautiful from the inside. Giving is beauty. Being kind and humble is the ultimate beauty. I want her to know that being strong is never easy. Not in this world we are living in.... Standing up for yourself is not going to be easy, but it’s always eventually respected. Those are the people who’ve made a difference in this world, people that stand up for what’s right. If you look at history, those are the people that you really remember. And at the time, oh, my God, it seemed impossible.”

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2D4CaOe

No comments