Breaking News

I was worried after Brisbane withdrawal, admits Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal recalled the feelings he had after withdrawing from the Brisbane International earlier this month due to a new injury again. In some ways, the 32-year-old did not expect to have such a great run in Melbourne: 'I was little bit worried, of course, because have been issue after issue. But I was practicing great', said Nadal. 'That's the real feeling. On Brisbane I had a great week of practice. I never stopped practicing. I had that thing in the thigh, leg, small strain there. I went to do the MRI, all the stuff. I didn't feel very bad, but the doctors didn't allow me to go on court. Even the doctor from Brisbane, the doctor from Spain. I can't go against the doctors, even when I wanted to play. One of the reasons that I wanted to play was because I felt myself playing so well there, practicing the days before. During the week have been very positive practices for me, too. I was worried about having another issue. But in terms of tennis, I know I was playing well. Then, of course, you have to compete. After four, five months without action at all, then of course you know that you can come here and anything can happen, no? But the feelings have been positive since during December and the beginning of the season. I felt I was doing a lot of things well.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WlXGFZ

No comments