Breaking News

Li Na: 'I could never do like Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka'

In an interview to Tennis Channel, the two-time Grand Slam champion Li Na said she could not play tennis while having children like Victoria Azarenka and Serena Williams are doing or like Kim Clijsters did. Li Na, a mother of two, confessed: 'That would make me crazy. I was staying at home taking care of these two.'

Li Na also recalled her 2011 French Open title which was the maiden Major triumph in her career: 'After the French Open, the half year for me was the worst time ever, because life was totally changed and nobody told me what I should do. I have zero experience.'

On being inducted in the Hall of Fame, Li Na added: 'I think it's huge for my tennis career. Of course, I was proud of myself.'

On the 2014 Australian Open title, Li Na - who saved a match point against Lucie Safarova in the third round - said: 'Always good memory especially when I take the trophy. I think this is the most beautiful memory for the whole life.'

Li Na also recalled her 2013 Australian Open final against Victoria Azarenka. The Chinese lost it but she was still proud for not giving up after suffering a knee injury: 'I think the match also helped me a lot. If I lost the match it made me much stronger, I win a lot for the fans, who can see this girl still figuring a lot to win.'

On the Chinese tennis, Li Na gave an interesting thought: 'So many young players are playing tennis, China has a very good economy, all the sponsors are coming in, but for the players, I think they need a little bit, not much, hard work. They have a very good chance but they didn't try 100%, like if they need something.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RkThzb

No comments