Breaking News

Guy Forget explains why Roger Federer will play 2019 French Open

The French Open Tournament Director Guy Forget is definitely happy to see Roger Federer announcing his comeback at this year's event. The Swiss does not feel that he needs to take a two month and a half break again. In the previous two years, he played at the Miami Open in late March and then he cameback to the Mercedes Cup in Stuttgart in mid-June. On Federer's appearance in Paris, speaking to L'Equipe Forget said: 'It does not surprise me. A player, what is he looking for? Confidence. And trust me, his wins do not matter. Tennis is such a beautiful sport, sometimes so sensitive... It's like a pianist that does not regularly play. He will lose his routine, sometimes he may think too much. You earn them with wins and losses."

Forget believes the motivation is still very high for the 20-time Major winner: 'When I look at him, I always find him very fast, not slower than before. And I feel that he still has the desire. Roger is always very happy to play. This is what surprises about him, after all that he won.'

This is what Federer said announcing his French Open return: "I'm at a moment where I think it would be nice to do it. I can say I have missed it, I did the right thing skipping it last year, the year before as well, and the year before that I was injured. So I felt I wanted to do it again."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WqknZt

No comments