Breaking News

Love and passion for tennis made me get back to the top,says Novak Djokovic

In a press conference at the Australian Open after his win over Kei Nishikori, Novak Djokovic commented on his comeback to the highest level. The Serb believes that his commitment and dedication were the keys to give himself a shot to play for the biggest trophies again.

'I think it always has to start or go back to the very essence of why I play the sport: it's love and passion for the game', said Djokovic. 'I think I had to really I think to dig deep to kind of inspire myself even more after an injury and surgery. I did not plan to end my career, but different thoughts were going through my mind, without a doubt, that period. Having achieved a lot throughout my career, obviously puts things in a different perspective. At the same time, I still enjoy playing tennis, competing of course as well. Just for the sake of holding the racquet in my hands and playing on any court, whether it's a public court or a Grand Slam court. I think that kind of pure emotion got me going. Of course, support of loved ones that are essential. Obviously, I have to, as anybody else who is a father or a parent, find the right balance between private and professional life because without that it wouldn't be possible for me to compete at the highest level for so long. So far everything is in its order. What tomorrow brings we don't know, but we hope for the best.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RlOGNi

No comments