Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios reveals real thoughts on Bernard Tomic's behaviour

In a press conference at the Australian Open Nick Kyrgios revealed his thoughts on Bernard Tomic's unusual serve prior to the match point at the Kooyong Classic in their exhibition clash. Tomic pretended preparing to serve but he instead hit a ball random hitting an ace. 'I didn't know what was going on', Kyrgios confessed. 'I was looking down. I looked up. It was Bernard being Bernard, having a bit of fun. Good to see him back on the court. He obviously took some time away. Going through some struggles. To see him back was special. Always been a good mate of mine. The serve was outrageous. I let him have it because I knew he would like it.'

Kyrgios worked with some psychologists in the attempt to improve mentally both in life and tennis. Kyrgios was asked about it in a pre-Australian Open press conference, and he said: 'I've been seeking help. I really don't want to touch too much on it. Pretty personal stuff that happened last year. I was in some really bad places. Right now I feel like I'm in a good spot mentally. People are going to think, You drew Raonic, it's a bad draw. I don't really care. I'm healthy, happy, go out there and compete. Whatever happens happens. Realistically one day it's going to end for me, this sport. We saw Andy Murray, legend of the game, he's not going to play any more. I take those things for granted how much I'm going to play Grand Slams. Like, I'm just going to enjoy the moment. I'm not going to worry about anything. If I win I win, if I lose I lose. Literally, I want to be waking up, be excited to go on court. Last year I was not in that mind frame.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2M78Vxa

No comments