Breaking News

Pat Cash slams LTA for not using Andy Murray's success

In an interview to Tennis 365, the 1987 Wimbledon winner Pat Cash criticized the job done by the Lawn Tennis Association in promoting tennis using Andy Murray's success. Last week, the three-time Grand Slam winner had raised criticism while speaking about the same topic and on Wednesday Cash, speaking from Melbourne, agreed with him.

“It took them a long time to realise that and they then started rebuilding grass roots tennis and they missed probably five or six years", Cash said. "There are no doubts about it – they blew it and wasted a large part of Andy’s career. I think the LTA were trying. I’ve spoken to people and I know they were pinning everything on Murray. Their theory was the trickle-down theory (Murray’s success would inspire others), which is proven not to work, and it proved the case here too. I think the approach was wrong I think he’d be a great coach and a great advisor, there are no doubts about that. He’d professionalise things. He’s probably like a lot of other people looking at the LTA, saying to himself: ‘they really need to up their game’, especially as far as the performance is concerned. I think they have improved a lot but tennis is a very specific game and I think Murray’s insight would be fantastic and I hope they pay him handsomely for it, so they should."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RgtGYv

No comments