Breaking News

Rafael Nadal and Djokovic didn't push me to play longer, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer does not believe that Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic necessarily played a crucial role in motivating him to have a long career. Federer said: 'I do not think I needed them to push me. For me it's more how is my wife, how are my kids, how is my results, and my goal was always to play for as long as possible. Because I have a lot of passion for this sport, I love playing tennis. I always tried to remind myself that this was my dream, to become a tennis player, and not that it became a job as such, and that's why I think I am able to show so much enthusiasm for tennis.

So when I saw Andre Agassi, Ken Rosewall, Jimmy Connors for a long time, I thought it was so cool to play that they played through so many generations so even I had the chance to do it as well. I am surprised I still play at this level, with flying being easier today than it used to be 20, 30, 40 years ago, now you have more stretching and massages, it's probably better. We have a bigger entourage. I think all that stuff will help players to play for longer, which is good so that we do not have that many players retiring at the age of 30.'

Federer will start his campaign against Denis Istomin.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HczLoO

No comments