Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Hopefully I can play better than I did against Tsitsipas'

Rafael Nadal delivered an amazing performance on Thursday to defeat Stefanos Tsitsipas in straight sets, 6-2 6-1 6-0. In an on-court interview with John McEnroe, Nadal said: "Hopefully I can [play better than that]. It's been a great match and a great tournament. This court and this crowd gave me that unbelievable energy. To be in the final for the fifth time feels really good. A few weeks ago when I was in Brisbane having to say I couldn't play there it was difficult to imagine that I would be here. Since the tournament started I have felt really, really well. Thanks to everybody who sends messages when I'm in a low moment."

On the Next Generation, Nadal added: "The youngsters are good and are improving every month. It's always a big challenge to play against them. It's the beautiful thing about this sport there is a young and new generation forming. They are here already and fighting for the most important things."

On Tsitsipas, Nadal said: "He has everything to be a multi-Grand Slam champion. I hope to face him in important rounds in the next couple of years."

Nadal will face the winner of the match between Novak Djokovic and Lucas Pouille. The Spaniard spoke about this upcoming match: "Novak is the favourite and for Lucas, it's the first one. Lucas had one amazing match in the quarters. I always thought Lucas has amazing potential - he can beat anyone at his best."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WeZ1ye

No comments