Breaking News

Mats Wilander explains how Rafael Nadal can defeat Novak Djokovic

Mats Wilander believes that not having too long rallies in the Australian Open final would benefit Rafael Nadal against Novak Djokovic. If instead the match gets longer, the Serb will be the favorite. Speaking on Eurosport, Wilander stated: 'Novak said: "It's coming at the right time". Because I cannot believe Nadal can play this kind of tennis. If I look at his serve now it could be Goran Ivanisevic, and he could be Petra Kvitova on the forehand. The difference in the way he hits the ball is amazing. It's an incredible trasformation for me. I have never seen Rafa play so well before. Novak, he did not change much in the last three, four years, he is so consistent. When he was at his best this is the way he played, I do not see weaknesses or changes. He may not play at 100% but he is gonna play at least at 95% of his game. With Rafa, there is a chance he is gonna play at 100% but he may slow down because he plays a risky style of tennis. The most interesting thing is that for the first time in his life, Rafa can't really go to the tennis court and not looking at his opponent saying, Are you able to go five hours with me? Because Novak can. Rafa has to take risks from the beginning and if he doesn't, I don't think there is any way he can comeback. Novak will be like: "Hey Rafa, bring it. Because I am a six-time champion, I love the challenge.'

Asked how Nadal spent his time off the court before the championship clash, Wilander said: 'He had two days, he had a pretty easy semifinal against Tsitsipas. I know he is a golfer, it was too hot on Friday to do anything. He would be pretty relaxed, and the way he plays tennis on the court makes him relaxed off the court too because he is not stressed when he plays tennis nowadays. So when I see them at their peak, emotionally, physically and technically, so this is the best as ever.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UjWUr4

No comments