Breaking News

Rod Laver: 'I was upset about Roger Federer's loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas'

Rod Laver did not expect Roger Federer losing to Stefanos Tsitsipas in the Australian Open fourth round. Speaking to Tennis Channel, Laver said: "Probably took something away from the tennis world. Again, those things happen, and I think it didn't take it away for long, because you saw (Stefanos) Tsitsipas brought the game up, and with Roger (Federer) losing - which I was upset about - but I think that happens."

Laver also commented on Bernard Tomic and Lleyton Hewitt controversial situation: "There is always a few people in there that, you know, are not happy with the world of tennis, but I think you have to compete. I think a lot of times bad losses bring up some of the things that come out of your mouth."

"I think someone like Tomic, some of these other players, I don't know whether they're hanging on or they're unhappy with their own game. I would think - I think I played, I competed hard, and you shake hands when you lose and you say, 'hey, but you're not going to get me again.' That attitude is, I think, healthy. Ash Barty was a fresh look at the world of tennis. I think we've got some great young players now. I think Alex (de Minaur) has shown - and Alexei Popyrin - they're going to be your next group of young players that come through with the names."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WqmjkL

No comments