Breaking News

Rod Laver praises 'serve and volleyer' Milos Raonic

Through his official Twitter account, the Australian tennis legend Rod Laver praised Milos Raonic. The Canadian player defeated Alexander Zverev in a straight-set fourth-round match delivering new aggressive tennis being helped by the 2001 Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic. Ahead of the quarter-final against Lucas Pouille, Laver wrote: 'I really like the way he’s playing - back to the form that saw him reach a Wimbledon final, plus a bit more. Some of those forehands have been blistering and his volleying has warmed the heart of this old serve and volleyer!!'

In press conference Raonic spoke about his new game: 'I think I'm a better player than I was back then. I think back then I just found some situations a little bit easier to deal with, because I had three or two good years from '14 to '15 before that, and it was sort of – you don't have to think about things as much. Instinct takes over when you have played that many matches consecutively. Now you always have to think about things a bit more because you're always trying to search for that rhythm, that sort of what should you do, whereas in those situations I don't think I was really asking myself. I was trusting a lot more', concluded Raonic.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2CDeeAg

No comments