Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I am so close to 100 titles, I will give it a go'

Roger Federer will seek his 100th career-title at the Australian Open. The Swiss player won his 99th in Basel last year, and he failed to achieve the historical milestone in Paris and ATP Finals in London. Ahead of the Australian Open, Federer said: “99 is already an incredible number. I’m so close, I’ll give it a go. Every tournament I go to people might talk about it. Again, I’m not trying to look too far ahead. But if I made 100 at the Australian I’d take it, I’d gladly accept it and I’ll give it all I have."

Federer won six Australian Open titles so far. He added: "I love seeing highlights, with all the music, it’s very emotional. I can’t believe it’s been 20 years, plus juniors, plus qualifying, so it’s been more actually. How good it was to win another five-set thriller in the final last year. It was epic, it was unbelievable. I was seeking confirmation that my level of play was good from practice. In the off-season, I felt great. It was a great event and I played some great tennis.”

Meanwhile, Darren Cahill commented on Nick Kyrgios: "Nick’s the most dangerous floater by far as he’s beaten all the top guys. He’s coming into his home Grand Slam fresh, hungry and no-one will want to play him."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AGsRCQ

No comments