Breaking News

Novak Djokovic reveals his most exciting match in career

It was almost seven years ago that Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic faced each other in an exciting match that lasted five hours and 53 minutes in the Australian Open final. In the fifth set the Spaniard was leading 4-2, but he would eventually lose it 7-5. In an interview ahead of this year's Australian Open, Djokovic called it "the most exciting match I've been part of."

Djokovic loves competing in Australia: "It’s quite amazing... people adore all sorts of sports here... but for these couple of weeks eyes are focused on tennis. It’s a dream come true for any player."

He also revealed that he celebrates his wins in Australia by climbing trees: "I love the Botanical Gardens and I love nature and I love to spend time daily there if I can. I have a friend there, a Brazilian fig tree, that I like to climb and I like to connect with so that's probably my favourite thing to do. Maybe that's not as fun as you would expect but I'm not big into parties ... hopefully you'll see me climbing a tree in a few weeks."

For Djokovic, feeling passion when he plays tennis is the key. And getting back to the first ranking position is an extra boost: "It means a lot always and if I don't have any significant meaning to what I'm doing I wouldn't be doing it. Especially at this stage of my life and career I've achieved enough to say it's enough, I don't need to do anything to make a living or whatever. As long as there's that flair in me I will keep on going."

ALSO READ: Roger Federer adds new tournament to February 2019 schedule!

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AGp60c

No comments