Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: 'It would be amazing to see Roger Federer winning again'

In a press conference at the Australian Open the 2014 tournament champion Stan Wawrinka commented on his fitness condition, pre-season and new season. On how he prepared to 2019, Wawrinka said: 'I had a two-week holiday, it was important. Since I ended the season in Basel, I had two months to prepare. I did a part of it in Switzerland, the other one in Monte Carlo. I worked on the fitness for three weeks, then tennis. I worked well for a long time and at a high level. That's why I feel well prepared.'

On his physical condition, Wawrinka added: 'I was very satisfied with my level which I think is similar to the one I had before my injury. But I am 33 years old, I have been playing on Tour for 15 years. Problems started with injury, so I do not know how much the age counts. I feel well, but if I can win a Grand Slam title? I don't know.'

On the new Davis Cup format, Wawrinka added: 'Let's put it this way: I do not care about the new format. That's why Davis Cup is not part of my plans. At my age, I have to look at what's right for my career and tennis. And Davis Cup is not part of it now.'

On Roger Federer, Wawrinka concluded: 'I think it will be interesting to see. For sure, it would be amazing to see Roger win three in a row and a seventh here. Basically every time he steps on court he has a new record with everything he's achieved in his career! He looks fit and ready.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AClfBd

No comments