Breaking News

Roger Federer impressed by Alex De Minaur: I liked what I saw

Roger Federer praised Alex De Minaur in an interview in Melbourne ahead of the Australian Open. The Swiss player has never faced the 19-year-old so far, but he has watched De Minaur's performances. “I’ve been watching De Minaur in Brisbane, and also in Sydney," said Federer. "I really like what I saw, especially at the US Open when he led (Marin) Cilic two sets to love. He really has a good game that’s built to be successful for a long time, like Lleyton Hewitt. I’d be interested and intrigued to find out (how we’d match up) if we ever played, but here in Australia I think he’ll thrive from the crowd."

On John Millman, who he lost to in the US Open fourth round match last year, Federer said: “John Millman had a big tournament against me at the US Open … he’s one of the hardest working guys out there. He can bring it every single practice, every match. That’s why he will be successful in the future. It’s nice to see that Australia has a big, broad group of guys, not just a few guys doing well.”

Federer will start his campaign against Denis Istomin on Monday. Istomin upset Novak Djokovic at the 2017 Australian Open.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2TITpdt

No comments