Breaking News

Saketh Myneni Says He is Still Looking for His Best Game

Tennis - India's Saketh Myneni says he is still looking for his best game after qualifying for the main draw of the Tata Open ATP event in Pune, Maharashtra,. Myneni scored a 6-4, 6-7, 7-6 win over Belarus' Egor Gerasimov to become the fourth Indian player in the main draw of India's only ATP event. Ramkumar Ramanathan, Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Arjun Kadhe all received wild cards into the main draw. 

Myneni will meet the No. 5 seed Benoit Paire in the first round of the event. Speaking after the event, Myneni says, "I am still looking for my game in this jungle. That was like giving it back to the so many fans who were cheering for me. I was not emotional. It depends, I did not want to disappoint the fans. It was up and down, it's part of my life. It not great to give away breaks at this level. I am still trying to find my game in this jungle. I am still watching the videos from 2015 and 2016 and trying to figure out. Last year I played 11-12 tournaments and though I made the final at Bengaluru, but I did not play the way I want to play. Like I changed the racquets and now I am back to old racquet (babolat, which he hired from Yuki) and I am still looking for the kind of strings I need, which gives me some edge in my game. I am basically a feel player (sic), I need to feel the ball, there is not much power. Then there is nutrition part and recovery process. I am also trying to be physically aggressive. It was soreness and tight because I played a couple of wrong shots and it triggered the pain. I played defensive at 4-1 and he took advantage. I should have dictated the point but did not hit deep. Instead, he put me on run. And again at 4-3, I started well but played loose, missed my shots. After playing for two and a half hours I did not cramp and I will take it from this match."

Also Read - 2018 Has Been an Average Year for Indian Tennis, Says Sania Mirza

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Svvo9R

No comments