Breaking News

Belinda Bencic ready to play, not dance, with Roger Federer at Hopman Cup

In an interview to Blick, Belinda Bencic commented on her feelings prior to competing in the Hopman Cup with her compatriot Roger Federer for the third year in a row. 'The Hopman Cup is one of my highlights of the year. Even if it does not give points', said Bencic.

Does Bencic love it because of the special event's format or because she competes alongside Federer? 'Both things. The first time (in 2017) the excitement was bigger because or Roger. But now I enjoy the great organization - unluckily, the tournament will take place for the last time. This is a great tournament in preparation for the Australian player.'

Will Bencic dance with Federer on the New Year's Eve? 'Oh no, me and the dance - that's not possible!'

Frances Tiafoe looks forward to playing mixed doubles with Serena at the Hopman Cup. Speaking prior to the event, Tiafoe said: 'I’m extremely nervous to play with Serena, a complete legend. But I’m sure it’ll be fine.'

Serena added: 'My fitness, I feel like I’m pretty fit. I haven’t played with Frances in mixed doubles before, but have watched him from afar this year. He has a very bright future and I’m looking forward to being on court with him, it will be a lot of fun.'

Federer and Bencic are the defending champions having won the 2018 title defeating Alexander Zverev and Angelique Kerber in the final.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VoHdjJ

No comments