Breaking News

Serena Williams ready to take on-court selfie with Roger Federer

Serena Williams would love to take a selfie with Roger Federer before, during or after their mixed doubles match on Tuesday, January 1 at the Hopman Cup in Perth. The American player said: 'I have never had the opportunity to play Roger, the only thing I'd want is to make sure I have a camera phone there so and then take a picture. It's a memorable moment', confessed the American in a press conference.

Commenting on the upcoming match, Federer said: 'I love that it is happening in a beautiful arena that loves the big mixed doubles competitions and that's what it was meant for, having the greatest players competing for each other, with America playing Switzerland and I think we are both very excited. I hope it's gonna be a clincher, that Belinda or I are gonna win the singles and then the doubles really decide everything, so there is more intensity too. She is a wonderful champion, she has done so much for the sport. I remember I played in Hong Kong exhibition a long time ago against her and Max Mirnyi, she aced me and when I got to serve I aced her back and I'd love it to be happening again.'

For Federer, having success in the biggest tournaments is the key to keep playing: 'I'd just make sure that when big matches come around, I am ready.'

The Swiss player opened his campaign in style defeating Cameron Norrie 6-1 6-1 in just 57 minutes. He would eventually win the mixed doubles as well with Belinda Bencic against Norrie and Katie Boulter.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2s4L5c8

No comments