Breaking News

Spider bite has definitely impacted my preparation, says Nick Kyrgios

Nick Kyrgios met the press at the Brisbane International on Saturday. The Australian Open didn't have some relaxing times as he suffered a spider bite. Kyrgios assured he will be able to compete in the tournament. 'It has definitely impacted my preparation', the 23-year-old admitted. 'I haven't stepped on court for the last couple of days but it's getting better. I will be rusty to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if I go out there and hit 30 unforced errors. I didn't take it (bite) seriously. I just felt an irritation on my foot the day before Christmas. I woke up Christmas Day and my foot was really swollen. I have been in hospital the last couple of days getting antibiotics but I think I will be OK.'

Kyrgios also commented on his pre-season training. He last competed at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow in mid-October, ending up being injured. 'I haven't touched a racquet for a month. Tennis is the last thing I want to do (in the off-season) - I am sick of it by then.'

Kyrgios finally concluded speaking about the Australian Open heat policy: 'It is dangerous, they need to do a better job. I remember playing a game against Benjamin Becker (in 2014) and it was so hot out there - ball boys were fainting, people in the crowd weren’t feeling too good.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2CHAKch

No comments