Breaking News

I would buy a ticket to watch Roger Federer playing, says Fabio Fognini

In an interview to Radio Olympia, Fabio Fognini commented on his fitness condition. The Italian player lost to Pablo Carreno Busta in the Australian Open third round and he decided to skip the Davis Cup tie between India and Italy in Calcutta on the grass in order to get better physically. Fognini is committed to play in Cordoba, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro next. "I am in a good shape, I healed my injuries and my goal is to do well in a big tournament this year. I will fly to South America on Friday to play three tournaments. We as tennis players travel a lot and we always have the possibility to visit amazing places. Maybe the most beautiful tournament I played was Acapulco, Mexico", said Fognini.

About the Italian tennis, the 31-year-old added: 'It's going through a good time, now the men's tennis level is higher than the women's. Until some years ago women got amazing results, now the gap got reduced.'

Fognini then praised the 20-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer: 'I would buy a ticket to see him play. I am friend with (Novak) Djokovic and facing him on court is a problem! Against Andy Murray, I played my best Davis Cup match.'

He finally spoke about his passion for football: 'I cheer for Inter in good and bad times. I did not follow matches lately but the last one, from what I understood, was probably one of the worst. With the new management, I hope things change especially in terms of mentality. You need to be luckier and we should be like Juventus in order to be competitive in Europe.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Si8WUN

No comments