Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Roy Emerson was pissed with me for Australian Open title'

Novak Djokovic took a photo with four Australian Legends - Rod Laver, Roy Emerson, Frank Sedgman and Ken Rosewall - in the locker room after winning his seventh Australian Open title defeating Rafael Nadal in the final. It means that Djokovic broke Roy Emerson's six Major titles record. "Mr Emerson said he's pissed with me because I broke his record (smiling). It was the most beautiful, most expensive photo of the night, without a doubt, standing with those four legends. Yeah, I mean, I'll definitely cherish that forever", said Djokovic.

Analyzing how he approached the match, the 31-year-old added: "We were both playing really well prior to this match, coming into the finals. We were both quite confident. I think we both liked our chances. As I have said a few minutes ago, I think for me one of the most important objectives for the match was to start off well and to bring in the right mindset and intensity and make sure that he also feels my presence, as well. He always makes sure that the opponent across the net, crowd and everyone, feel his presence because that's how who he is. That's how he plays. That's how he behaves. He's so focused, he brings in so much energy, jumping around, sprinting. You know that from the very first point he's going to make you work very hard. I've seen his matches. I've seen that he improved his serve, which was, of course, his new weapon or strength during these few weeks, aside, of course, everything else that he has in his arsenal. Yeah, it was very crucial to start off with an early break, which was an ideal scenario for me. Having a set under my belt just made me kind of relax a bit more, not really worry too much. After that, it was really smooth."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RB60y6

No comments