Breaking News

There is nothing wrong with Dominic Thiem's heart condition, says coach

Dominic Thiem is back to practice on Thursday, as revealed by his coach Gunter Bresnik. The Austrian player dealt with some health issues since the Australian Open but he now seems to be fit again. "There's nothing wrong with Dominic's heart or lungs, and his blood counts are okay, but we still have to figure out why he had a heavy cold three times in six weeks", said Bresnik.

Thiem was asked if he had idols during his childhood: "I didn't have one specific idol, but I just enjoyed watching tennis. I was watching almost every match. So, yeah, I admired a lot of players and I tried to take the best shots from each of them. Yeah, I just enjoyed watching tennis in general."

Asked where his one-handed backhand comes from, Thiem replied: "it's the only thing, only one thing where it comes from, and that's a lot of hours hard practice."

Thiem has been coached by Bresnik for 15 years. How did he come to the decision to hire him? "I couldn't decide it because I was like nine years old. (Smiling.) So, yeah, I think it was together from him and from my father the decision. Like my father just went to him and he asked him if he can take a look on me, on his little son. That's what he did, and everything developed. Yeah, back then I didn't really know what's happening."

Jürgen Melzer spoke about Thiem's absence in Davis Cup: "You know what you have to do as an athlete, and when you're in a therapy phase, sometimes it may not fit in. He's contacted us and wished us all the best, so that's fine with us."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HJaHGp

No comments