Breaking News

Bautista Agut explains keys to win over Novak Djokovic

Roberto Bautista Agut was excited with his three-set win over Novak Djokovic in Miami. The Spaniard, speaking in a press conference, said: "The key of the match was at the beginning of the second set, no? If I wanted to win the match, I had to be very close to the score. Otherwise, Novak, when he gets an advantage, he plays really aggressive. As you see, the first set I couldn't play at the same level."

What did he change in your game to make it closer? "I played more aggressive. I tried to miss less balls, to really concentrate on the beginning of the point with my serve, with my return. Well, at the end, it worked well."

How important was the win earlier this year on a similar surface with Novak? "The conditions here are much slower, more much slower than in Doha. It took me a while to get used to the conditions, to the centre court. Today was more humid, hotter in the court. It helped me at the end of the match, no? I had the confidence to play at a really high level at the end of the match, and I could close the match well with my serve. I'm doing great things, practising well, I'm working hard, and then I'm happy that then I can show up on the tennis court."

Djokovic will now play the Monte Carlo Masters, then Madrid, Rome and French Open where he will aim to win his fourth Major in a row.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OCnDxG

No comments