Breaking News

Roger Federer:'I do not understand why guys don't serve and volley anymore'

Roger Federer believes that players should change their gamestyle. The Swiss proved over the last years that playing aggressive tennis at an advanced age is possible. He said: "It's crucial. I do not understand why guys don't serve and volley anymore. Try it out, why not do it at least at 40-0 or 30-0 or just to throw in there and see how it feels, it might work out and if it doesn't go well go back to your playing style and if it does work out well you have an extra option, so I think the players need a bit more be adventurous coming to the net in the future."

Federer also commented on how it feels to practice for a long period in training bases like Switzerland or Dubai. "I love these training blocks because it's you are dictating your own schedule, you are not being told when your next matches are, you discuss with your team when your next practice is and in the process you can come in more confident about maybe your next five-setter, your next tournament, so I think those training blocks are really crucial for your career."

Federer recalled a funny thing that happened on his first Wimbledon appearance in 1998 on his junior days. The Swiss player revealed: "I was warming up and I said, Wow, Wimbledon, and then I was like, This net is so high, something is weird about the net. So I went to the umpire and I said, I am sorry, can you just check the net? I really feel like it's just too much high. He was like: "It's Wimbledon!" He went there and he said It's perfect. I was so nervous I thought the net was a volleyball net."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2CKyf8V

No comments