Breaking News

David ferrer: I wanted to leave a good memory of me playing tennis in Miami

David Ferrer gave his best as always. The Spaniard lost to Frances Tiafoe in a three-set third round match at the Miami Open, just two days after upsetting the world No. 3 Alexander Zverev. Ferrer felt proud for showing a great fighting spirit. "My goal was to be competitive and be able to play against the strongest guys", said Ferrer. "I wanted to leave playing a good tennis and I managed to do it. For me that's a gift.My appearance here is caused by my desire to make people have a good memory of David Ferrer playing a good tennis."

Recalling his history in Miami, Ferrer added: "I remember the 2013 final with some sadness because I was one point away from winning the title and I ended up losing. But I played a great tournament and I do not think about the past too much. I feel proud for everything and I am happy for how I live now, the way I feel, of how I matured mentally. I thank everyone". He will play his last two career tournaments in Barcelona and Madrid: "I am ending my career the way I want, playing the tournaments I like and being happy with myself. Ending the way I want is my most important trophy in career."

Tiafoe was pleased with his win: “I'm starting to get my rhythm again. I'm starting to play better. I'm starting to feel a little more confident each match. I just tried to stay the course. Don't be a junior. Grow up. Keep going. I got off to a good start in the second and kept steamrolling.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2V2OJjQ

No comments